This is the time of year when we celebrate our planet and share ideas on how to take care of the earth.
We have a great way to celebrate Mother Earth with “green” food which seems to be the ultimate Earth Day theme. Have fun with these 5 Yummy Green Earth Day Recipes.
Green Food Recipes for Earth Day
What a treat! Let’s ponder care of the earth in between a trip to clean up the local park, singing Earth Day songs, cleaning up around the yard, hitting a local trail, and so many other Earth Day activities over some yummy green food.
Here are some easy and fun ways to eat GREEN!
This post contains affiliate links.
Earth Day Green Smoothie Recipe
Ingredients to Make an Earth Day Green Smoothie
- 4 Kale Leaves (remove center)
- 1/2 cup Parsley
- A cup of Frozen Strawberries
- 1 Banana, cut into slices
- A cup of Water
Directions for Making Green Smoothies
- Add all of the ingredients into a blender and mix until smooth.
- Add ice if you want it a little colder!
- Serve in a clear glass so you can see the green color.
Earth Day Kale Salad with Lemon Dressing Recipe
Ingredients to Make an Earth Day Salad
Directions for Making Earth Day Salad
- In a toaster oven, toast almonds until golden brown, and then set aside.
- Then, in a jar or bowl, combine lemon juice with 1 teaspoon of salt. Whisk in the olive oil, add garlic cloves, and then set aside.
- Cut kale into strips, and put in a large bowl.
- Remove cloves from dressing and pour the dressing over the salad.
- Mix together, add more dressing if needed.
Head on over to the New York Times Cooking page for more about this delicious recipe!
Green Pizza Recipe for Earth Day
Ingredients Needed for Green Pizza
Instructions to Make Green Pizza Recipe
- Start by following the instructions to prepare the pizza crust.
- After the crust is cooked about 3/4 of the way through, top with the slices of mozzarella.
- Then, drizzle with olive oil, a pinch of salt, and the Parmesan cheese.
- Put back in oven for 5-8 minutes, or until the cheese melts.
- While in the oven, put the arugula in a bowl, and then add a splash of olive oil, a pinch of salt, and lemon juice, and then mix.
- When pizza is done, top with the arugula mixture, and then serve.
Earth Day Avocado Toast with Strawberries and Honey Recipe
Ingredients Needed to Make Earth Day Toast
Directions to Make Earth Day Toast
- Toast bread in toaster
- Smash avocado with fork and add to top of toast
- Place slices of strawberries on top
- Drizzle with honey
This is something really fresh about avocados and making avocado toast is definitely a way to eat green. Burnt Macaroni‘s Avocado Toast with Strawberries and Honey is a quick and easy breakfast recipe.
Green Earth Day Ice Cream Recipe
Ingredients Needed to Make Earth Day Ice Cream
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- A Banana (frozen in chunks)
- 1/2 cup Milk
- An Avocado
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- A cup of Ice Cubes
Head on over to Averie Cooks for this healthy ice cream recipe!
Celebrate Earth Day with Kids
Which recipe are you making for Earth Day?