Baby’s beans, potato and apple is a perfect meal suitable from 8+ months and the combination ticks all the nutrition boxes. Potatoes are rich in carbohydrate which supplies energy, while beans contains some carbohydrate and then rich in protein, iron and more. Apples are excellent first fruits for babies and contain vitamins and mineral for the development of their body , including vitamin c.
Baby’s Beans Potato and Apple Recipe
- Wash, peel and dice the potato and apple.
- Cook potato first for about 2-3 minutes with a cup of water.
- Mix beans in a bowl with cold water to get a smooth mix. This helps it not to form lump when cooking.
- Add the apple and the beans, then cook for 4-6 minutes or till apple softens, stirring continuously.
- Use a fork and gently mash some of the apple and potato, simmer, bring down and serve.
You can serve younger babies by pureeing to a smooth texture. Remember you have to introduce single-ingredient foods first.