Zucchini chips. They’re the best hot potato chip alternative going around and you can totally make them at home. IN YOUR OVEN!
No fancy pants deep fryer or air fryer is needed for these baked zucchini chips, they go straight into a really hot oven and then all you need to do is wait. And contemplate what dipping sauce you’re going to have with them (it’s a spicy Sriracha Kewpie, just so you know). Also, it’s a budget cooking win!
Seasoned beautifully with a crunchy panko and parmesan outer, this recipe for baked zucchini chips is going to be a definite crowd-pleaser. Scroll down for the recipe.
Baked Zucchini Chips Recipe
- 2 medium-sized zucchinis
- ⅓ cup plain flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon Italian seasoning
1. Preheat the oven to a hot 220°C. Line a tray with baking paper and a drizzle of olive oil.
TIP: scrunching up the baking paper first will mean the oil won’t pool in one spot!
2. Combine the breadcrumbs, cheese and spices in a shallow bowl and set aside.
3. Cut the zucchini in halves and then into wedges to create a zucchini chip shape.
4. Into a zip lock bag (or bowl) combine the zucchini wedges and flour. Give them a shake so all wedges are lightly dusted.
5. Dip the floured zucchini into the egg and then (wiping away the excess egg) into the breadcrumb mixture. Place on the prepared baking tray.
Repeat for all your zucchini wedges! Drizzle the zucchini chips lightly with oil and bake for 25 minutes or until golden. Turn the tray halfway through the cooking time.
6. Once cooked, plate up your zucchini chips and enjoy straight away!
These zucchini chips are SO easy to make and are a great, healthier alternative to a fried potato chip – so you can TOTALLY justify eating a plate of them! #eatyourgreens