This is the first time I’ve ever tried making my own sausage rolls and I’m so pleased with how they turned out. They look a little rough around the edges but tasted sooo good! I hope you like them too!
- 500g pork mince
- 1 apple, grated
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 1 sheet ready roll puff pastry
- 1 egg
- Mix the mince, apple and herbs in a bowl.
- Cut the sheet of pastry in half lengthways.
- Place a strip of the pork mix down the centre of each strip of pastry.
- Roll the pastry around the meat.
- Cut the roll into approximately 1 inch long sausage rolls.
- Whisk the egg and brush over each sausage roll.
- Place on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper.
- Bake in the oven at 180ºC for approximately 20 minutes, turning half way.
- Serve and enjoy.
Like this recipe? Why not try these too:
Veggie Lentil Nuggets and Homemade Tomato Sauce