I LOVE the holidays… the food, family and friend togetherness, presents, cozy weather, and of course, the traditions. And by “traditions” I mean, Halloween candy, Thanksgiving dinner and Christmas cookies.
What I don’t love is how every year at the end of December some asshole elf sneaks into my closet and shrinks my fu*king clothes.
In other words… It’s time for a 30/30 Challenge!
Spending 30 days (in a row) being mindful of your health and physical activity.
Why do it?
In 30 Days you can lower heart attack risk, lose weight, add years to your life, sleep better and of course, better your overall health and mood. Don’t believe me? Here’s the actual clip from the Doctors Show:
How much will it cost?
NOT A DAMN THING!
I love that the 30/30 Challenge requires no gym membership, diet or personal trainer screaming at you. No excuses. Just you and a short 30-day goal focusing on a problem area or areas.
Just think… in two weeks you could be sleeping better, reducing your cholesterol and chances for a heart attack, losing weight, and become a healthier, happier person. How could you not want to at least try?
Where to start?
For a FULL mind, Body and soul makeover, do the 30/30 walking challenge. It’s the ultimate 2019 weightloss resolution jumpstart. All you have to do is walk for 30-minutes for 30-days in row.
- Take public transportation to work? Leave 15 minutes early and walk to the next stop or station. (I know, for those non-morning people this is a stupid suggestion)
- At lunch walk 15 minutes away from your desk, eat, then walk back–maybe even the long way back.
- On the weekends, go explore a new (historic) town or nature trail with the family.
- New mothers on maternity leave, make it a point that this challenge is CRUCIAL for you. Go for a walk by yourself every evening when your partner gets home. Of course, you can take the baby, but getting out for some alone time will kill two birds with one stone for you!
- Only need a couple things from the store? If one is close enough, walk there!
- Walk the kids to school for the month.
- On rainy days, clean or organize a closet for 30 minutes, better yet, go to an indoor mall for some retail therapy–Again, kill two birds with one stone!
- Go walk through an outdoor mall.
- For a week straight, walk out of your front door and take a different street or path and see what you find!
- Download an awesome mystery ebook to listen to while you walk. TIP: Only let yourself listen to the book when walking, this might get those walks stretched out well past 30 minutes.
If you want to target more than your butt and core, the following 30-day workouts will give you all over results, inspire you to work out every day and only take a minute a day!
Want a Brazilian Butt? Try this:
Thighs keeping you down? Try this:
Do your abs make you sad? Try this:
Are your arms causing your self-esteem harm? Do this:
Butt AND Gut have you in a rut? Never fear, help is here!
Looking for a whole-body 30-day tone every ounce challenge plan? Look no further…
If you already have a workout routine, here’s a more advanced program that starts Day-1 with higher reps.
or, this one:
Here is a four-month plan you can follow each month, or combine into one month:
If you have injuries or physical limitations, and none of the above will work, here is a 30-day food challenge. If it’s too restrictive for you, break it up and try to avoid one-or-two foods for the day or week…
Don’t forget to Pin or print your favorite challenges!